Since the page was ot encrypted, I did not get the ebook. How many more prospects did Hubspot lost because their conversion page was not encrypted? Sure it would cost to encrypt a page or two. But the costs is pennies a day to encrypt a whole site or a few pages but adds loads of confidence and credibility, in the eyes of the prospect, for the products and services offered. After all, you must be serious about selling to be encrypting specific pages - the ones used for collecting and displaying collected information.
These cyber attacks are successful because we leave ourselves open to attack in the name e-marketing and social media. For instance, all the cyber attackers has to do is place packet sniffers to sniff out packets that gmail addresses and passwords. How about your username and password for your business? It is time e-marketers start considering security in their overall marketing efforts. What you you say?
Related articles by Zemanta:
- Business insurance news: Companies 'must do more' to protect against cyber attacks
- New Wave of Cyber Attacks
- FBI Ramping Up Cyber-Attack Defense
- IMF in trouble by major cyber attack
- Business insurance news: Government warns of cyber attack threat
- Sega Says 1.3 Million Users Affected By Cyber Attack
- Barnett 'irresponsible' on cyber attacks
- Cyber Attack Targets the I.M.F.
Powered by ScribeFire.